Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star......Quo by Orly

In a recent polish exchange I received Quo by ORLY "Twinkle Twinkle".  From looking at the bottle it appears to be a metallic dark rosy pink.  Let's see what it looks like on my nails, which are fairly short at the moment due to a YouTube video I just completed on "How to properly clip back the length of your nails".  They feel really short, but it makes my daily computer work a lot easier.

I used 2 coats of this polish, but one would have been sufficient.  It dries extremely fast, which is a very desirable trait in a polish, however it made the second application a bit more complicated than I anticipated. 

Of late I have been experiencing some difficulties getting a really nice straight edge at the base of my nail.  Sometimes the polishes and brushes work like a charm, and then other times you feel like this is your very first time applying polish.  I am vigilant not to get too close to my cuticle, but mastering an even line seems like a huge, impossible task for me at the moment.  So, bear with me.

This pink shade is actually quite nice.  There is more dimension to it than meets the eye in these photos.  Some nails look streaky and I was not at all satisfied with my effort, but having said that, I am uncertain if it is me or the polish, quite honestly. 
Has anyone had any experience with ORLY polishes?  Would love to hear from you on this. 
Thanks for stopping by, Lisa M.

One absolutely gorgeous thing I would like to share with you is the surprise I got when I went outside to take these photos.  My husband (who planted these flowers) and I have been anxiously waiting for them to add some long awaited colour to our flowerbeds.  Today they decided to break out of their pod and show off their beauty. 

Such a rich, yet delicate shade of pink, don't you agree?  Take care.  'Til next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment