Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gold Silk by Rimmel London

Rimmel London is one of my personal favourites, so when I saw several of their bottles on sale before Christmas I decided to take advantage of the situation.  Gold is always a "hit" during this festive season and this shade was no disappointment at all.  The brush is a dream to use and allows for a perfect 3-stroke application, which is clean and even.

 
260 Gold Silk - super durable, chip resistant nail lacquer with Shine Release Complex (written on back of bottle).



On your nails it appears to be more of a frosty gold-taupe shade than a bold, metallic gold.  Of course, these photos were taken outdoors and the colour looks a bit brighter in comparison to an indoor shot.  I applied 2 coats.
 
I decided it needed some glamourization for the holiday season, so I turned to my trusty glitter by Essie "A Cut Above".
 
 
 
 
I tried to draw the glitter up a bit higher on the left side of the nail, but there are several different ways to wear glitter.  For some inspiration, why don't you go to the ASK Cosmetics' Pinterest board entitled "Unique Nail Art" .  You can find tons of ideas by super talented nail bloggers.

Glitter can add a touch of glamour to any manicure, and there are endless shades, shapes and sizes of glitter polish nowadays; it really makes for tough decisions at your local polish shop. 
 
Have you ever experimented with glitter?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy your day, Lisa M.
 


2 comments: